Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving. Col. 4:2

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lori's Testimony

Lori Dorman posted this on Facebook 2 days after her diagnosis of breast cancer, June 6, 2012.  She gave permission to post it on our blog.  It is a wonderful tribute to the peace that passes all understanding that God gives His children through His Spirit, His Word, and His people. 
 
Picture courtesy of Lisa Cochran

 First, I just cannot put into words how very loved and blessed I am to have all of you praying for me!!! Thank you CBC (my home church), for Misty Dorman putting me on her prayer chain and Kristy Haney putting me on her church pray...er chain!
Here is the verse God gave me this morning " Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through YOUR PRAYERS and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always CHRIST will be exalted in my body." Phil 1 18b - 20
Is that now amazing!
Secondly, You may choose not to believe this, but it is true, I have not been plagued with the question "why me God?" about this cancer. I have felt so "held" in my Father's hand and my faith in God being in control of my life, that I have had such peace. I will be honest and tell you that I am afraid of "chemo"--but that dear friends is where you come in with your prayers! I will not know if chemo is necessary until the lab results come in after surgery...and again God says in v. 27 of Phil. "whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Jesus Christ....without being frightened in any way...(v. 28)
This is my prayer that through all of this I can be a flame to light your faith...to help YOU my friends to see and know that God IS REAL and there for you in WHATEVER you might be facing! Phil 1:9 "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight" --for YOU and ME to draw close to God. I have experienced these past 3 days God's IMMENSE LOVE for me! Oh, how He loves...these are the tears I cry...not from fear, but for this GRACE - I don't deserve. He loves YOU too! That's all I need to say right now, please know I need and value your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Lori! Isn't our God great who helps us in our infirmities? He is worthy of our praise at all times. What sweet communion to cry out to Him, who loves us so, and be met in our deepest need, AND to be able to lift others to Him in prayer as well.
    "Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
    Psalm 62: 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing of how God showed you His grace, face2face, Lori.

    ReplyDelete